The latest release of RTView® Enterprise includes several new enhancements for customization of displays, alerts, and caches. These are featured updates, not a complete update list. For the complete list, please read the Release Notes. To view featured product updates for the previous version 5.3, click here.
The primary focus for this release is enhancing our customization capabilities with a focus on ease of use.
RTVIEW ENTERPRISE CUSTOMIZATION ENHANCEMENTS
Custom Display Designer Enhancements
The new Custom Display Designer (CDD) announced in the previous 5.3 release has a number of new enhancements including:
- The addition of InfluxDB as a standard supported data source for creating custom displays
- Enhancements to selectors for trend graphs
- Support for larger per-trace max point count
New Custom Alert Designer
RTView Enterprise has been enhanced to include the Custom Alert Designer (CAD). The CAD allows users to configure custom alerts in an easy-to-use drag and drop UI. Administrators can quickly create and deploy custom alerts that behave like built-in alerts in the Alert Administration page, all with just a few clicks and with no programming.
This extends the custom alert support provided in earlier versions with a more graphical interface and the ability to use data in custom caches through the new Custom Cache Designer (CCD).
New Custom Display Designer
RTView Enterprise has been enhanced to include the Custom Display Designer (CDD). The CDD enables administrators to quickly create and publish displays for users requiring tailored views of critical application and business service performance.
Custom Cache Designer
In RTView, in-memory caches are used to drive all displays and alerts with enhanced access to real-time data. The new Custom Cache Designer (CCD) in RTView Enterprise allows users to access data from other sources within RTView displays and alerts.
The CCD enables users to:
- Provide different audiences with customized views and alerts. For example, application and business owners can see only the information they care about for their unique roles.
- Create and share displays and alerts that blend business information with monitoring information within the same displays.
- Select your custom data source from these supported options: InfluxDB, SQL, HTTP, Solution Package caches
Larger per-trace Max Point Count
For custom displays, trend charts no longer have a limit on the number of points per trace, allowing for longer time ranges of data to be plotted. Optimizations are provided to maximize performance for large data sets.
Provides support for defining custom alerts against any monitored metric. Once deployed, these alerts will behave like the built-in alerts with the ability to configure thresholds and duration in the Alert Administration page.
Support for InfluxDB
RTView Enterprise now supports InfluxDB, versions 1 and 2, as a standard method for importing data into RTView. This enables RTView uses to take advantage of more than 200 Influx connectors to popular systems. Users can now easily configure custom displays and alerts for these systems from Influx data via a simple UI and without having to do any programming.
Here is a partial listing of some of the available Influx connectors.
Other Platform Updates
Support for the following platforms:
- Red Hat Linux 8.x
- Oracle 19
- MySQL 8
Solace Monitoring Enhancements
- Enhanced support for Customization with the addition of Custom Alert Designer. Users can now create custom displays and alerts via a simple UI without having to do any programming.
- Addition of sparklines to Solace solution package summary displays
- Update of Ingress/Egress terminology to Incoming/Outgoing messages
- Enhance StatsPump and statsds to handle removal of broker connections
- Quickly create and deploy personalized views of key metrics with the new Custom Display Designer.
- Keep on top of what matters most with user defined custom alerts that can be created on any metric in PubSub+ Monitor.
- Simplified setup, configuration and evolution of alert overrides at a more granular level.
- SEMP Schemas are now automatically uploaded from brokers
- Improved topology views for bridges and neighbors provide better visibility of the Solace estate and visible alerts
- Simplified LDAP and security configuration